At ScubaCo we believe in delivering the best experience for our internship candidates. We offer a 12 week program that will cover all the essentials of diving and ensure that you are set for the rest of your life. Choosing a diving career path is one that will remain with you for your lifetime and you will always be able to change lives.
Starting Date : 1st February 2021
How your 12 week journey works…
Starting with the Open Water course which teaches you the basic’s we will set the grounding for your diving path. Advanced 35 will open up your range of diving and get you to explore new places, possibly some of our local wrecks as well as those deeper dives. We include two specialty courses, Deep 40 and Enriched Air Nitrox to ensure that you fully understand the effects of diving deeper safely.
Your next course is possibly the most fun, Master Rescue, this is where you will learn about being a thinking diving and taking care of others in the water. Often described as one of the hardest courses, you will learn so much and have so much fun learning how divers behave underwater. Once qualified the Master Rescue goes hand in hand with First Aid as well as Oxygen provider specialty.
Your final step is the Dive Master Course, a RAID Divemaster is one of the most highly respected ratings in the dive community and the first Pro level within the RAID system. RAID Divemaster is a prerequisite to becoming a RAID Dive Instructor. As a RAID Divemaster you can plan, organize and lead dives for certified divers.
The final details…
Yes this is a lot to take on in 12 weeks, however in order to clarify, please remember that this is your grounding and you will learn so much on this intense program. Above all we at ScubaCo we believe what you put in is what you get out, hard work and dedication to scuba diving makes anything possible.
We will be offering shared accommodation onsite at 32 On Harvey at an additional cost, these are dorm style rooms, with bunk beds available for our interns. Small kitchen onsite enables self-catering and a chill out area with great ocean views. The property is very secure with 24 hour security response, electric fence, CCTV as well as staff living on site.
In conclusion we run a very tight program and do not tolerate unruly behavior, disrespect, no excessive drinking and of course nothing illegal!
The Important Stuff:
Courses that are included:
- Open Water Course
- Advanced / Explorer 30 Course
- Master Rescue Course
- Nitrox Specialty
- Deep 40 Specialty
- First Aid & Oxygen Course
- Dive Master
- Additional Dives & FULL scuba gear included to make up requirements for each course and level.
INCLUDED in the course fees are;
- All scuba Gear Needed for diving
- Additional dives to make up the required number of dives (60 dives on qualification)
- All study material need for your courses
- 2 ScubaCo Intern T-Shirts
- All certification and registration fees
The following Items are ESSENTIAL and to be brought along by you
- Insurance (Divers Alert Network – this is compulsory)
- Dive Computer
- Surface Marker Buoy PLUS Finger Reel
- Suitable cutting device
The following Items are EXCLUDED:
- Items of a personal nature
- Food and Entertainment
- Car Rental (option should you wish to get around after your courses)
- Personal Effects
- Medical Aid Cover
- Fun Money for any extra activities you may want to do.
- Accommodation – Available at an additional cost of R15 000 per person for the program.