8 Nights / 9 Days
“The Ultimate Marine Migration”
Travel with ScubaCo Diving & Travel down to Port St. John’s in the Transkei as we experience the yearly phenomenon fondly known as the “Sardine Run”.
Over the years the Sardine Run has provided much excitement across the globe with numerous shark species, Humpback whales and dolphin super pods joining in the migration. Throw in the hyperactive Cape Gannets to the mix and we have “The Ultimate Marine Migration” during the Sardine Run.
Your first day on the Sardine Run, after being collected at King Shaka Airport, is spent diving Aliwal Shoal exploring the reef after which you can enjoy some shark viewing with a baited shark dive. After an exhilarating day out on the Shoal watching sharks, you will be settled into Shark & Shoal Guest House in Umkomaas.
Day two we leave for Port St. John’s where you will be booked into a gorgeous rustic guest house on the banks of the Mighty Umzimvubu River where you can rest up & relax, ready to experience the Sardine Run. The next 6 days are spent out at sea amidst the excitement of the Sardine Run where spectacular viewing can be enjoyed both above and diving under the warm waters! Bring your camera along for some incredible photo opportunities of sharks, Humpback whales, dolphins, the sardines and so much more!!
This is an incredible adventure which is not to be missed by any experienced open water diver!
Please contact us for Tailor made pricing
Scuba & Snorkel Options Available
Call Us: 039 973 0002
Sardine Run 2017 – Itinerary
- • Return Transfers (King Shaka Airport / Aliwal Shoal / Port St. John’s / back to King Shaka Airport)
- • 1 Night Accommodation in Umkomaas incl. breakfast
- • 1 Reef Dive at Aliwal Shoal
- • 1 Baited Shark Dive at Aliwal Shoal
- • 7 Nights Accommodation in Port St. John’s incl. breakfast
- • 6 Days Sardine Run Diving
- • Cylinder Rental & Air-Fill
- • Weight Belts & Weights
What’s Not Included?
- • 1 Month Marine Park Dive Permit
- • Flights & Taxes
- • Passports & Visas
- • Personal Insurance
- • Dive Gear (Can be hired)
- • Lunches, Dinners & Beverages
- • Gratuities
- • All additional activities & items of a personal nature
Please Note: The minimum requirement for Sardine Run is Open Water Diver (or equivalent) with at least 150+ Dives, unless the “snorkeling only” option is chosen. *Please Note that a reasonable level of fitness is required in order to fully enjoy the Sardine Run experience.